Friday, February 15, 2008

slump

I am in a blogging slump. I find myself thinking about the blog and realizing I have nothing I want to say. Or thinking that I'm too tired to blog. Or having too many other things to do first. It's really surprising when I have nothing to say, Todd would probably think, but I've run out! I think in the next few months I might be able to come up with some cool stuff to talk about, but you'll have to be patient!

But you want to know something really sad. The heartbreaking thing about working with kids is that you hear things like this: One boy was telling me that he thought he was going to be tall. Thinking his dad might be tall, I asked Jayden his dad's height. He said, "I don't know my dad. He ran away from us." Sad. I have no patience for deadbeat dads, or parents who "don't have time" to parent. Ugh. And that is the end of this soapbox.