Sunday, July 7, 2013

Manhattan 1 Year Mark

When the Thomasons live anywhere for one year, it's a big accomplishment. Topeka was our record at four years, but still, one year is something to celebrate. I just wanted to quickly recap our year:


July 2012

We moved into apartment 7, on 7/7, for our 7th move. We became grownups and bought a couch, and upgraded to a 2-bedroom...which we really have to use for storage because we lack a lot of storage space. However, we love our fireplace, and the fact we don't have many neighbors (the model is across from us, so no one lives there). The washing machine is now in our building. Cha-ching!


We drove to the East Coast to eat crabs, swim in the ocean, and see my side of the family in Maryland and Pennsylvania.





August 2012

I started school, and we attended our first K-State Wildcats game. We are a fan of both my new school AND the Cats!


September 2012

I love my kiddoes and I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief...this year will NOT be like last year!


October 2012

Somehow my awesome coworkers convince me to dress up with them for Halloween. We are superheroes, and pretty much the coolest third grade teachers ever!


November 2012

We headed down to Wichita to visit our friends for Thanksgiving. They give us some super awesome nuts that we gobble up. Yep, that's what I remember from November :) Probably because I get called as Primary President and I spend the entire month overwhelmed and terrified!


December 2012

It snows! We get a day off of school right before winter break. Christmas was wonderful and low key. We roast marshmallows in the fireplace, and check out the light displays. Christmas Eve is one of the best I can remember (minus Todd having to work that day).


January 2013

I remember how miserable I was in January last year. This year, the kids are super wonderful when they come back. I pinch myself...nope, things are still this good!

February 2013

It's theme week at school, and again, somehow I'm convinced to participate (can you sense a pattern here...I am NOT a costume person!)


I have a birthday, get my hair did, and spend the day in T-town. Todd spoils me again.

March 2013

Head to PA for a little girls weekend!

We ended up sneaking down to see another one of the girls, my Granny Ross. Love her!



April 2013

My friends makes us look super pretty in our pictures. We feel blessed. Even if it's just us two from here on out, I still love our little family. We are healthy, and happy, and THAT is what matters.



We head to Wamego for the Tulip Festival. No tulips, but we did find Toto's Tacoz! Love the land of Oz!



May 2013

School ends, but not before I find myself looking ridiculous in the newspaper. You know you are a teacher on a field trip when you are decked out in comfortable clothes, carrying a backpack, holding a camera, and rolling a third grader in a tube, simultaneously.


We have Field Day, and then it's over :( Many of these kids will PCS out of Kansas this summer. Sad face!


Todd and I celebrate 7 years of marriage. Time flies when you're having fun!

June 2013

Todd and I take a much needed vacay to San Diego and Vegas. I get my fill of Jamba and Cafe Rio (okay, you can never fill up on those!) 



Then, my family comes to visit me! We make weird faces in pictures, it's what we do.


July 2013

We head to Junction City to celebrate this wonderful country we live in. I am thankful that I get to be part of the lives of our servicemember's children. We head to Topeka and watch our friends blow stuff up. Life is good!


 Happy 1-Year Anniversary, Manhappiness!
















No comments: