Oh, small things. I am on a small things kick. I think that's one of the blessings of the current trials we are facing, so I'm going with it!
So here are today's small things:
Todd and I sat for 20 minutes on the couch rearranging his flashcards...it was nice to just sit together and have a common goal.
We spent 45 minutes outside on this beautiful Saturday afternoon. It was so nice to be in the sunshine (FINALLY!), but it was also fun to get woken up by a huge clap of thunder around 4 am (wouldn't have been as fun had I needed to get up early this morning). I wore my new bright orange neon Adidas running shirt outside when Todd and I exercised and it made me feel like a real runner. Which I am not, but I did FEEL that way!
Todd had a rotten Friday, and I headed to the doctor Friday as well, which always stinks when I sit there and think about how all those women probably got pregnant on the first try, and apparently it's going to require samples and cameras and tubes and anesthesia and MONEY to get a little Thomason. It's downright depressing!
So, small things, small things. I appreciated the opportunity to find some after a yucky end to the week (AND it was my DAY OFF!) I'm also grateful to have friends to go out to a movie with right after aforementioned doctor's appointment so I didn't have to think about the pamphlet on artificial insemination sitting on the passenger seat (my father will probably cringe when he reads this sentence). I love my job, which is one of the beauties of this year of trials, but also one of the stinky things because if Heavenly Father wants us to move, it may require some dragging of my feet. But my job definitely helps to fill in some of the gaps in my life right now, so I appreciate it. I mean, who couldn't love these cute faces?
1 comment:
The doctor visits suck. I'm sorry you have to go through them! And it's totally unfair to have to spend more money getting pregnant than you'll actually spend later when the babies come. Stay strong! Give me a call anytime you want to chat. Do you have Skype?
Post a Comment