But I digress. I don't want to do a best of, or top 10 post for 2012, mostly because I'm frankly quite ready to move on from 2012. However, I was able to make a scattered list of our top moments from the year--as well as a few of our lows. Thanks to Wordle, here are our "words" of 2012.
We certainly did have a lot of wonderful experiences this year, although it definitely wouldn't make my personal "best years EVER!" list! Probably the best things were involvement in the Kansas City cultural celebration, that moment of complete joy when we read Todd had passed the bar, and my new job, which reminded me that I could love teaching again. And truly, some of the best moments have been the smallest moments: reading on the couch next to Todd, laughing with friends at work, watching the snow fall outside.
I don't make resolutions, but there are some things I am hopeful for in the coming year.
Things I wish for in 2013:
1. Girls trip! I am in serious need of some Mom/Sister time. We are hoping to spend some of that time in NYC :)
2. Enjoy my calling more. I am slowly getting there. I love the kids part, but the administration part has been a challenge. I am so grateful for those moments I get to sit next to the Sunbeams and hear all of the hilarious things they say, totally unrelated and random, in the middle of a Primary song. I love my counselors, and I would die if I had to do this alone. But I don't have to!
3. Keep remembering that my worth is not based on the number of children I will have. This is hard. I can do it. In not so gentle words, I am going to kick this trial in the face :) I am going to remember who I truly am, and I am going to be grateful for what I DO have, and try to spend less time sad about what I don't have.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:
i love you. you're amazing :)
Post a Comment