Sunday, April 22, 2012

April Update

Where do I even begin??

First off, after a fretful five weeks, we got some amazing news. Todd had passed the bar! He worked so hard, it was such a relief to finally KNOW and be able to move on. There were lots of tears and hugging and jumping and yelling (I was doing the jumping). Great job honey!



The school year is nearly at an end. It's been a stressful year. State test results were not good, the behaviors were a challenge day in and out, the students struggled and flourished and struggled again. After testing, it was time to do some fun stuff :)

We made states out of graham crackers and frosting....



Read Grandfather Tang and created some animals out of tangrams....

They wrote about their own angry birds and then created them...they turned out really cute!


Also in the month of April, I helped throw a baby shower for a friend of mine here. It was fun to work with the other two girls. Thanks to some inspiration from Pinterest, I think it turned really cute!



To say that I have been driving myself to exhaustion with this busy schedule would be the UNDERSTATEMENT of the year. My body just can't seem to keep up with the demands of work and my calling, and it seems like every single weekend, my body gives out! But the weekends have been so busy too!  It's all for a worthy cause though, because our temple cultural celebration is in two weeks. We, as leaders and youth, have been spending SO MUCH time and effort helping our youth get ready.

I will be going up May 4th and 5th overnight with the girls and youth from our stake, as we travel to Kansas City to put on the celebration for our prophet (Elder Holland is coming too). I'll be backstage and won't see much of it, but I'm so excited for the kids. Like I said, it's a lot of work and we have put in a lot of extra time, but I know it will be worth it.

These are some of our cute girls presenting the camp theme (GLOW=God Lights Our Way). I'm pretty sure our stake YW president and her camp directors are glad they chose a camp this year where NO meals have to be cooked and NO DIRTY DUTIES! We'll need it after the marathon we've been running mentally these last few months with the temple cultural celebration!



We also were tour guides for the temple open house last night.  Todd led two groups, and I led one. When one partner is leading, the other one is sweeping and making sure no one gets lost at the back of line. We were grateful to be tour guides, because we got to keep moving our entire shift, and of course, walk through the temple three times! It was so fun to see the reactions of all ages. Of course I got the group with all the hard questions...but it worked out okay. I did get teary-eyed in the sealing room where we bear our testimonies about the temple.  It is such a special place!  The coordinator said that about 7000 people came through on our day. It really was fun, although I was really nervous at first. It's hard to believe that this experience will probably be a once in a lifetime opportunity!

No comments: