On a completely different note, I have a family member in surgery next week for cancer. Cancer is horrible at any stage of life, and I feel really thankful that it has passed my immediate family by so far. We have had some scares, but I feel like it just as easily COULD have been us. It's an incredible blessing but it's also hard to imagine what those who do have it go through emotionally and physically. It's difficult to see someone close to you struggle.
We live in a world where bad things happen to really good people. I am blessed with faith to know that Heavenly Father loves us even as he gives us trials. I hope that someday I can understand the "Whys" of this earth.
I am thankful as we come upon Thanksgiving for prayers that I know are heard by Heavenly Father. Sometimes all we can do is remember that He is there, and rely on him to strengthen our faith when the questions and the trials get tough.
No comments:
Post a Comment